Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 22 June 2014

Filled Under:

Storytelling Bawang Putih And Bawang Merah

Share
BAWANG PUTIH AND BAWANG MERAH


         
   Once upon a time, in East Java, lived a beautiful girl named Bawang Putih. Her father had passed away, and she lived with her stepmother and stepsister. Before her father passed away, her stepmother and stepsister were very kind to her. But, two days after her father passed away, they treated her badly.

“Bawang Putih, from this moment, you have to clean the house, guard the house, wash the clothes, and cook delicious meals. Ha ha ha ha”
“But mother…”
“No but! You must obey my rule! What do you think? I love you?? Oh… No… No… No… I hate you! Why must I kind to my stepdaughter, ha!?”
“Pity you, How poor you are” said her stepsister with a sly smile.
Her stepsister was Bawang Merah. She was very lazy, and she always got dresses every time. But, Bawang Putih was more beautiful than her.

One morning, Bawang Putih was washing some clothes in a river. Accidentally, her  sister's clothes were washed away by the river. She was really worried so she walked along the riverside to find the clothes.
“Ooh my gosh!, my sister dress were washed away by the river, i must find it immediately,” Said her Anxiously.
Then she went home. Unfortunately, she could not find the dress. At home, her sister asked her, “where is my dress? Have you washed it?”
“U..umm” Bawang putih forced to tell the truth
“Did you hear me? Where is it?” Asked Bawang Merah loudly.
“Y..your clothes were washed away,” said Bawang Putih.
“Whaaattt, You lost it? It’s expensive you know, Mother!” said Bawang Merah angrily.
 “Bawang Putih washed my dress, and she lost it,” Bawang Merah said to her mother.
“Whaaat?! You lost the dress? It’s so expensive, you know. Now you have to find it or you won’t have dinner tonight,” Her stepmother was mad at Bawang Putih

Bawang Putih was so sad. She started walked along the river to search her sister dress. Let me go, Let Me Go.~ But Suddenly she met an old woman. She said that she kept the clothes and would give them back to Bawang Putih if she helped the old woman do her house work. After that, Bawang Putih helped the old woman to do all house work for her.After everything was finished, the old woman returned the clothes.

“Thank you so much for helping me out, Bawang Putih. As a reward, let me offer my pumpkin. There are small one and a bigger one, Which one do you want?” Asked the old lady.
 “I..i think the small pumpkin is enough for me, Thank you for your kindness, Old woman,” said Bawang Putih thanking the old woman.
“Anytime, Sweetheart,” answered the old woman.
After thanking the old woman, Bawang Putih then went home. When she arrived home, her stepmother and Bawang Merah were angry. They had been waiting for her all day long. Bawang Putih then told about the clothes, the old woman, and the pumpkin. Her mother was really angry so she grabbed the pumpkin and smashed it to the floor. Suddenly they all were surprised. Inside the pumpkin they found jewelries.

          “Bawang Merah, hurry up. Go to the river and throw my clothes into the water. After that, find the old woman. Remember, you have to take the big pumpkin. So we will be rich! hahaha," the stepmother asked Bawang Merah to do exactly the same as Bawang Putih's experience.

          Bawang Merah immediately went to the river. She threw the clothes and pretended to search them. Not long after that, she met the old woman.
“What are you doing right there?” asked the old woman
“I am looking for my dress,” replied Bawang Merah
“I kept your dress, but if you want me to return it. You have to do the house work for me,” said the old woman.
“You are a thief old woman! Give me back my dress!” She screamed.
“Sorry young lady, i didn’t mean to stole your dress, i just keeping it. I just an old woman,” said the old woman.
“Oh don’t make a sad story, now because of your fault, you have to give me the big, big, big pumpkin!” Bawang merah pushed the old woman

          The old woman then gave her the big one. Bawang Merah was so happy. She ran very fast. When she arrived home, her mother was impatient. She directly smashed the pumpkin to the floor. They were screaming. There were a lot of snakes inside the pumpkin! They were really scared. They were afraid the snakes would bite them.

          “Mom, I think God just punished us. We had done bad things to Bawang Putih. And God didn't like that. We have to apologize to Bawang Putih," cried Bawang Merah.

“You’re right! We should apologize to Bawang Putih,” her mother agreed.

          Finally both of them realized their mistakes. They apologized and Bawang Putih forgave them. Now the family is not poor anymore. Bawang Putih decided to sell all the jewelries and used the money for their daily lives. They will live happily ever after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

΄